Keppe Motor Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This discussion forum has been created for participants to share ideas, information and breakthroughs related to the development of the innovative Keppe Motor technology.

3 posters

Successful completion of Keppe Motor 4.0 Kit in U.S.A.

kutch2001

Successful completion of Keppe Motor 4.0 Kit in U.S.A. Empty Successful completion of Keppe Motor 4.0 Kit in U.S.A.

Post  kutch2001 Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:42 pm

YAY!

After many months, and some trials and tribulations, have successfully completed the 4.0 kit and am quite happy with the results.

The fan is currently running, cool I might add, and will be taking pictures to post here in the near future (my goal anyways).

As part of the picture taking progress will also document, with a Kil-a-watt device, the actual energy usage in both low speed and high speed.

Overall am quite impressed with the build.  Longest part was figuring out easiest way to wind the motor, but once figured that out (1/2 way through) it was very easy.  While your results may vary, I fashioned brackets out of a coat hanger for each side and inserted those into two pieces of old copper plumbing pipe (3/4").  Wrapped a piece of tape on each side to keep it from rotating within the pipe and inserted said contraption into two milk crates and weighted each down to prevent from moving.  After that attached pair of vice grips to turn the contraption and off I went.

In the picture below the motor winding is in the middle, and the spool of wires is on the left, suspended in a box. Only picture have of the process.

Just wanted to say thanks to the Keppe Motor people.
    Successful completion of Keppe Motor 4.0 Kit in U.S.A. 20130611

Last edited by kutch2001 on Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:54 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Better description of picture)
    Chuck Berry
    Chuck Berry

Successful completion of Keppe Motor 4.0 Kit in U.S.A. Empty Great job :)

Post  Chuck Berry Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:20 pm

Great job :)I have the 1.0, 3.0, & tthe 4.0 manuals. I have built them all and none of them work for me.  My son says I need to pay attention to details more Smile You have given me new purpose.  I'm starting all over again, this time with the 4.1 manual ( parts included ).  Keep up the good work & thanks for posting pictures Smile
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Successful completion of Keppe Motor 4.0 Kit in U.S.A. Empty Thanks for sharing!

Post  Admin Mon Aug 18, 2014 6:26 pm

Great to hear you enjoyed the 4.0 fan kit build. We worked hard on that project also!

Sponsored content

Successful completion of Keppe Motor 4.0 Kit in U.S.A. Empty Re: Successful completion of Keppe Motor 4.0 Kit in U.S.A.

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:06 pm