Keppe Motor Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This discussion forum has been created for participants to share ideas, information and breakthroughs related to the development of the innovative Keppe Motor technology.

3 posters

keppe motor

FPVCURITIBA

keppe motor Empty Re: keppe motor

Post  FPVCURITIBA Mon Nov 03, 2014 6:31 pm

I'm newbie here and I'm interested to build a small version of Keppe Motor to run at a remote controlled airplane.

For this project I would like to invite every member of this forum to contribute.

My goal is to evolve an UAV (unmanned aerial vehicle) that my group are developing and try to get more autonomy with the same battery set that is running ours Outrunner Brushless motor.

I have good electronic skills, including design and assemble circuit boards using SMD components, which make circuitry smaller and better to embedded applications.

The current motor used at the UAV is an Outrunner Brushless which run a propeller 9x6" (for those whom are not familiarized with this number it represent a propeller with 9" of diameter and pitch of 6", which means the propeller go forward 6" for each revolution)

Outrunner Motor Specifications

Stator Diameter                30.0 mm (1.18 in)
    Stator Thickness               20 mm (0.79 in)
    No. of Stator Arms            12
    Magnet Poles                    14
    Motor Wind                      10 Turn Delta
    Motor Wire                       14-Strand 0.25mm
    Motor Kv                          890 RPM / Volt
    No-Load Current (IO/10V) 1.42 Amps
    Motor Resistance (Rm)      0.020 Ohms
    Max Continuous Current    45 Amps
    Max Continuous Power      780 Watts
    Weight                             166 Grams (5.86 oz)
    Outside Diameter              37.50 mm (1.47 in)
    Shaft Diameter                 4.98 mm (0.196 in)
    Body Length                    45.75 mm (1.80 in)
    Overall Shaft Length        74.5 mm (2.93 in)
    Max Lipo Cell                   5s (18.5V)
    Motor Timing                   5deg
    Drive Frequency               8kHz

My first step is to figure out if Keppe Motor can perform similar workload with acceptable size and weight.

Does anyone have some theory or experience with this kind of development?

Regards

Marcos Souza
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

keppe motor Empty Model plane blade

Post  Admin Mon Aug 18, 2014 12:43 pm

Interesting idea, thanks for sharing!
    oscar d whitehead

keppe motor Empty keppe motor

Post  oscar d whitehead Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:56 am

my keppe motor is small and i use a model airplane propeller for a fan. i set it up for a testbed to see what changes different rotors would make in it. i have only tried two different rotors, one is a round piece of steel with a magnet on each end of it. the other one is a piece of steel with a brass sleeve around the steel with the magnets on each end.  the one with the brass sleeve runs a little better the best i can tell(maybe just more weight). it turns the propeller 1380  rpm with 100ma at 12.8 volts. i am wating to see what new revisions people make to this motor and then i can build one for more pratical uses.

Sponsored content

keppe motor Empty Re: keppe motor

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:50 am