Keppe Motor Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This discussion forum has been created for participants to share ideas, information and breakthroughs related to the development of the innovative Keppe Motor technology.

3 posters

electromagnetic turbo system

j greef

electromagnetic turbo system Empty Re: electromagnetic turbo system

Post  j greef Sat Feb 06, 2010 4:03 pm

Hi,

Below is a suggestion to improve the performance of a standard Keppe motor. Certainly there are better ways to do so but what is described below is an easy and cheap way to do so.
    Normally, this should work but no guarantees !
    Prior to posting this I asked the administrator and ms Stein if they would have any objections. There were no responses for more than a week so I presume it's OK.

Required materials (extras compared to basecase)
    • 3 reed switches
    • capacitor (advise: at least 47 µF, I used a 220 µF one, suitable for at least 250 V peak voltage). Both AC and DC capacitors are OK.
    • rectifier bridge or 4 diodes, suitable for at least 250V peak voltage
    • 1 switch (single pole), similar to the one that is already on your motor
    • connectors (I use terminal blocks)
    • wires
    • wood or cardboard
    • glue / tape

Procedure
    You’ll have to install a set of supports for 4 switches in 2 pairs and connect them to the rectifier and the capacitor.
    electromagnetic turbo system Set-up10
    1. Disconnect the reed switch
    2. Remove it from its’ support
    3. Remove the old support.
    4. Construct the new supports.
      It is easy to make one from cardboard but you can also use any other material. Enclosed picture shows how you could make cardboard supports.

electromagnetic turbo system Suppor10

5. Attach the switches to the supports. To allow easy adjustments of the switches later on, use tape instead of glue. The plates of the switch best are aligned as on the sketch (parallel to the support).
      If there is not sufficient space between the motor frame and the ends of the reed switches, you can bend the switch ends (be careful is you do that, the reed switches are quite vulnerable).
    6. Position the support frames on the system baseplate. The alignment procedure is alike in the motor manual. Test the positioning by turning the motor shaft; when the small magnet passes along a set of switches, you should hear 2 clicks. If not, adjust the position of the support.
      If there is not sufficient place on the system baseplate, you’ll have to relocate the switch and the battery support or just use a larger baseplate
    7. Construction of the rectifier (if you have bought an of the shelve rectifier bridge, you can skip this step). Quite easy: connect the 4 diodes as per attached schematic.

electromagnetic turbo system Rectif10

All components are ready now, you only have to connect them as listed in the table and shown on the schematic:
    Components:
    • Switch 1 (power supply)
    • Switch 2 (booster)
    • Motor
    • Reed switches A1, A2, B1 and B2
    • Rectifier
    • Capacitor
    • Battery
    • Node X
    • Node Y

Table:
    From
    To
    °°°°°
    From
    To
    Battery +
    Switch 1 b

Switch 1 a
    A1a
    A1b
    X

Battery -
    A2a
    A2b
    Y

Y
    Motor b
    Motor a
    X

X
    Rectifier AC1
    X
    B1a

B1b
    Capacitor -
    Capacitor -
    Rectifier -

Capacitor +
    Switch 2a
    Switch 2a
    Rectifier +

Switch 2b
    B2b
    B2a
    Y

Y
    Rectifier AC2

electromagnetic turbo system Boost11

Notes
    • When you use a DC capacitor mind the polarity, if you connect it wrong the capacitor may blow up !
    • Reed switch A2 is not really needed in this set-up but it is better to install it anyway.
    • If you close Switch 2 the booster will start and you should see / hear an increase in motor rpm.
    • In case of doubts, the schematic is ruling over the table.

How does it work ?
    The motor generates an AC voltage. Via the rectifier, that AC is converted to DC and used to charge the capacitor. When the switches B1 and B2 are closed, the capacitor acts as a battery for the motor and is (partially) discharged.

Typical osciloscope picture:
    electromagnetic turbo system Curves10
    Note: voltage peaks omitted for clarity

Disadvantage of this set-up :
    Switches A1 and A2 (and similarly B1 and B2) should open and close simultaneously but they don’t. The current can only flow when both are closed. Normally, the switches each close during 45 to 60° of the magnets’ rotation on the motor shaft. Since with this layout the switches are 10 to 15° apart, they are closed only some 15 to 30° together so less energy can be fed to the motor (energy = volts x current x time and with this setup there is less time).
    You can overcome this by one of the following methods:
    1. Change to electronic switching circuits (e.g. sensor to detect magnet and circuit to open and close switches)
    2. Add an extra switching magnet to the other shaft end and install half of the switches over there. This is the setup I use now: switches A1 and B1 are at one shaft end and A2 and B2 at the other end. The switching magnets have to be carefully aligned with each other.

Try it yourself and post your results.
    j greef

electromagnetic turbo system Empty Test results EM Turbo

Post  j greef Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:34 pm

Hi,

As promised below you can find the results of tests with the EM turbo system.
    Such system indeed boosts the motor rpm and the efficiency. In the case of my system:

* rpm increase 20 to 30%
    * efficiency increase also some 20 to 30%

Mind that my motor has a base efficiency of around 28% only (see data below, it is just a homemade version of the Keppe motor V1.0). As such, it is no surprise that with the EM turbo, the efficiency is still much below 100%.

Data:
    rpm = f(battery voltage Ub) with and without turbo
    efficiency = f(rpm) with and without turbo

electromagnetic turbo system Turbo110

Additional notes:
    * Efficiency calculated with the method I posted some time ago (efficiency = 63.4 * peak AC voltage in coil / battery voltage; assumes that the coil generates a sine voltage pattern).
    * Scatter on results probably due to measuring inaccuracies and not-so-perfect motor construction.

Regards,

J Greef
    j greef

Post  j greef Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:47 pm

Hi,

The EM Turbo system general set up is available now on the internet on the patent office website. I built a primitive version of it and it indeed boosts the motors' performance (rpm x 1.25 and efficiency x 1.2 in first runs). Detailed results will follow later.

Regards,

J Greef
    Ângela Stein

Post  Ângela Stein Tue May 05, 2009 11:42 am

Hello Greg,

The Eletromagnetic Turbo System it's
    not in the version 3.0 Manual yet.

Just like is metioned in the topic "letter to keppemotor.com":
    "In regard to the Keppe Motor overunity,
    the Association STOP the Destruction of
    the World (holder of the patent rights)
    is taking care of the certification and
    will make it available in proper time."

Best regards,
    Keppe Motor Team
    gmeast

electromagnetic turbo system Empty electormagnetic turbo system

Post  gmeast Mon May 04, 2009 6:52 pm

Hello Keppe Motor Team,

Is the Electromagnetic Turbo System fully disclosed in the Ver. 3 Manual?

Thanks,

Greg
    gmeast

electromagnetic turbo system Empty electromagnetic turbo system-is this a circuit

Post  gmeast Mon Apr 06, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi all,

I would like to ask this question again. In the video showing the torque arm and scale, he asks Roberto to

"...activate the em turbo system."

Is this a proprietary control circuit that is a key component of the development? Do we need to have the details of the "electromagnetic turbo system" in order to carry out our testing and to make valuable contributions?

Are the core characteristics of the "electromagnetic turbo system" inherent or present in the reed switch method?

Thanks in advance for anyone's insight into this,

Greg
    gmeast

electromagnetic turbo system Empty electromagnetic turbo system

Post  gmeast Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:42 pm

Hi all,

I was watching the video showing the COP of 1.15 and during that video the narrator referred to "... the electromagnetic turbo system for the Keppe motor ...."

I've scoured my manual for that term and I did not find it. Is there more to the motor than explained in the manual?

Thanks in advance

Greg

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun May 19, 2024 12:45 am