Keppe Motor Forum

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This discussion forum has been created for participants to share ideas, information and breakthroughs related to the development of the innovative Keppe Motor technology.

5 posters

Keppe Motor Kit

Ângela Stein

Keppe Motor Kit Empty Re: Keppe Motor Kit

Post  Ângela Stein Mon May 04, 2009 12:52 pm

Mr. Greg,

It is supposed to activate the reed switch.
    You can approach another ceramic ferrite magnet to the spinning rotor and notice that it speeds up. However, we have measured the consumption of the battery and it increases.

Best Regards,
    Keppe Motor Team
    gmeast

Keppe Motor Kit Empty neo magnet & reed switch

Post  gmeast Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:10 am

Admin wrote:Hello all,
    We have received photos from this replication and we emphatize that the neodymium magnet should be close to the reed switch, 1cm away from the coil.

Thanks,
    The Keppe Motor Team

Hi,

I need clarification here. In your reply to a problem you say the the neo magnet should be close to the "reed switch, 1 cm away from the COIL".

To quote the manual:

"One of the ends of the switch
    should stay 1 cm from the center of the neodymium magnet..."

It says "one of the ends of the SWITCH" not the COIL.

I would think that if the neo magnet is too close to the coil then it would affect the torque of the motor. Does the neo magnet play a dynamic part in motor torque or is it just activating the reed switch?

Thanks

Greg
    jean-jacques

Post  jean-jacques Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:06 pm

Admin wrote:Hello all,
    We have received photos from this replication and we emphatize that the neodymium magnet should be close to the reed switch, 1cm away from the coil.

Thanks,
    The Keppe Motor Team

THANK YOU it work ! I had not realized the importance of this switch/neodymium magnet.
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:55 am

Hello all,

Thanks,
    The Keppe Motor Team
    jean-jacques

Post  jean-jacques Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:19 am

Admin wrote:Hello Mr. Fouchet,
    A very commom problem we have noticed among Keppe Motor KIT buyers is related to the Step 4 of its manual. Some of the buyers have glued the magnets with like poles together, i.e., two repulsion sides glued together. In this configuration, the Keppe Motor will not run!
    The magnets poles should attract each other naturally.

Sincerely,
    The Keppe Motor Team

I have tested with a compass and each external sides of the magnets give an opposite reading. So this I believe indicates that they are glued properly ?

So what else...
    jean-jacques

Keppe Motor Kit Empty Magnets

Post  jean-jacques Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:22 am

Thank you for the reply,

I don't remember doing this but I will check and I will let you know
    Admin
    Admin
    Admin

Post  Admin Mon Feb 23, 2009 8:08 am

Hello Mr. Fouchet,
    A very commom problem we have noticed among Keppe Motor KIT buyers is related to the Step 4 of its manual. Some of the buyers have glued the magnets with like poles together, i.e., two repulsion sides glued together. In this configuration, the Keppe Motor will not run!
    The magnets poles should attract each other naturally.

Sincerely,
    The Keppe Motor Team
    jean-jacques

Post  jean-jacques Tue Feb 03, 2009 8:57 am

Hi Taco,

Thanks for your response.

I had noticed this and had followed up on the same path. I only had a battery connector flat male instead of a small female one. I change that - The only modification made !

But The motor does not run at all.

So I am looking for more info like what voltage and where should I expect in different set up ?

Thanks for the Help.

Jean-Jacques
    Taco Vollmer

Post  Taco Vollmer Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:15 pm

Hello Jean-Jacques,

Last Thursday I received my Keppe Motor Kit. I put it together and my motor seems to run very well, so I will describe how I have the wires connected in the hopes you will get your motor up and running soon...

My kit also came with two red connectors on the two wires coming from the coil spool, instead of a blue one and a red one as displayed in the Keppe Motor Kit Manual. At first this had me confused as well, but I noticed that, in my case, these two red connectors are different in size.

The wire with the large connector fits on the ON/OFF switch, to manually turn the motor on and off. And the wire with the smaller connector fits on the reed switch, over on the far end of the platform, furthest from the coil spool.

When looking from the side, with the motor on the right side of the platform and the white wires coming from the coil spool facing me, I see the wire with the larger connector (the one that goes to the ON/OFF switch) comes from the top left position on the coil spool. The right one, leaving the coil spool from the botom right position, has the smaller connector and goes to the reed switch as I described above.

-----------------

The same applies to the connectors on my battery wires. The two red connectors differ in size and only fit on to the intended connector.

The red battery wire has the smaller connector and goes to the reed switch, on the side next to the coil spool. The black battery wire has the larger connector and goes to the ON/OFF switch.

That's it! And my motor runs like a charm.

I hope this works out for you. Good luck!!

Taco
    jean-jacques

Keppe Motor Kit Empty Keppe Motor Kit

Post  jean-jacques Sun Feb 01, 2009 11:15 am

I have received my Kit,

Opening it, it look nice. So I printed the manual (beside the typo mistakes) and read it. And started to check parts.

I was surprised to see the spool with two red connectors. The battery connector (black) was a flat male instead of a female one !

So I went on corrected this in order to be able to mount the kit. When finished, NOTHING RUNS !

Can you tell me more on this ! where to diag and what to find ?

I am more than disappointed it is a very expensive kit for having in final a 9v battery !

Hope to have a quick answer.

Thank you

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:16 am